Frequently Asked Questions
The following items cannot be submitted via Mobile Check Deposit:
- Any item drawn on your account or your affiliate's account
- Any item that is stamped as "non-negotiable"
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country
- Any item that is not in U.S. currency
- Any item that is incomplete
- Any item that is "stale dated" or "post dated"
- Any third-party check, e.g., any item that is made payable to another party and then endorsed to me by such party
Yes. Complete the following steps:
Log into Online Banking, and under the Additional Services Tab select E-Deposit
Step 1: Endorse Your Checks - Please sign the back of each check and write the following endorsement information under your signature:
For deposit only at MITFCU
On MM/DD/YYYY** (today's date)
Step 2: Select Your Scanner
Use the Select button to choose the appropriate scanner. If no scanning devices are listed, please ensure that your scanner is turned on, properly connected, and its software properly installed. Use the same scanner next time and the software will remember your scanner selection.
Step 3: Enter the Total Deposit Amount
Enter the total dollar value of your deposit. For multiple checks enter the total of all checks in your deposit.
Step 4: Scan Your Checks
For flatbed scanners: Place your first check face down on the scanner in the appropriate position. Select the Scan button to scan the front of the check. Follow the device's instructions for completing the scan. Place your first check face up on the scanner. Follow the same process, selecting the Scan Back button to scan the back of your check. Repeat these steps for each check in your deposit.
For duplex scanners: Place your check(s) in the scanner's check/document feeder in the appropriate position. Select the Scan button. Follow the device's instructions for completing the scan.
Step 5: Continue
Once you have scanned all your checks, click the Continue button to move on to the Deposit Review step
MIT FCU can’t currently provide images or history of your deposited items. You can view your deposits in e-Branch.
Place your check on a dark background in a well-lit area and make sure all edges of the check fit within the outlined area
You are required to store the original check(s) in a secure area for 60 days after the deposit. After 60 days, you agree to destroy the original check(s).
You will be notified via the email we have on record, of any problems. Also, check your account history after you submit your deposit to ensure it was successfully received and submitted for deposit.
Yes. It is protected by 128-bit SSL encryption technology.
You can only use Mobile Check Deposit by logging in to the MIT FCU Mobile App or Online Banking with your username and password.
- The per item limit is $5,000
- The daily deposit limit is $10,000
- The rolling 30-day deposit limit is $50,000
Mobile Check Deposit is a feature within our Mobile App that captures an image of a check and deposits it directly into your account. We also offer e-Deposit in Online Banking under the Additional Services tab. With this, you can scan a copy of your check on a flatbed scanner to deposit it to your account.
Once a check image(s) is reviewed, we will release the item(s) for processing. You will be notified via email that your deposit has been accepted and it will be deposited during business hours.
- Deposits received before 4pm on a business day will be credited the same day
- Deposits after 4pm will be credited the next business day.
- Deposits beyond $1,000 may require a longer review period before funds are made available