Get the Benefits You Deserve from Your Credit Union
Join MIT FCU Today
Checking Benefits That Add Up
- 1 free incoming wire per semester
- Earn $25 when you refer a friend
- No fee for overdrafts ($10 combined maximum limit)
- Up to 8 free withdrawals/month at any ATM
- Free cashier's checks
- Free replacement Mastercard debit/ATM card (up to 2 free per year)
- No minimum balance
Convenient, Quick and Easy
- Over 30,00 ATMs and 5,000 Branches available across the country
- Express Payday – Receive ACH Direct Deposits (including paychecks via ACH) up to 48 hours earlier
- Open an account or apply for a loan entirely online
- Web Chat with our in-house staff right on our website
- Easy to use calculators
- Money Management Tool - Set and track goals, monitor spending, and oversee all of your accounts.
Why do your "banking" with a credit union?
At MIT Federal Credit Union we recognize that for students, it's critical to develop excellent financial habits and skills. But it can be difficult to learn these once you're in school and trying to balance your unique banking needs with all the other things "adulting" pulls you towards. As part of MIT, we understand your unique needs and challenges and offer financial services exclusively for the MIT Community, including MIT students as well as their families and housemates.* We can help you make smart financial decisions with online and mobile services, financial education opportunities (virtual and in-person) and the valuable products you need like Savings, Checking, Student Loans and more. Why not get started on your financial goals: build credit, start saving and develop healthy financial habits, and start living your best financial life, today?
- STUDENT TALK What My Top Surgery Taught Me About Medical Bills
- STUDENT TALK Financial Planning: Where do I start?
- STUDENT TALK How do I deal with US healthcare?
- STUDENT TALK 9 Types of Insurance to Know
Yes! As a parent of an MIT Student, you are eligible to join the credit union exclusive to the MIT community and take advantage of all the great benefits of membership!
Possibly. Here are some things to consider...
- Joint owners have easy access for deposits/withdrawals, and transfers.
- Shared Branching means access to a branch in or near your hometown
- You’ll have online account access via e-Branch and remote deposit for check deposits.
Consider opening your own membership to have all these options and more!
That is a personal choice, but may be required to qualify if the student does not have sufficient verifiable income. Students under the age of 21 may apply for the card, but applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to pay, or include a co-signer with sufficient income.
Yes! We offer an alternative student loan to help fill the funding gaps that federal aid can leave. By partnering with Credit Union Student Choice, we are able to offer members low cost financing options that can help your student achieve his or her dream of a higher education.
Yes! Members can access their accounts 24/7 by using any of our convenient electronic services.
You'll have access to manage and transfer funds, control card usage, deposit checks, all from the convenience of your smart device or computer. Anywhere, anytime.
*Membership benefits extend to eligible individual’s immediate family members and people living in the same household. Immediate family includes a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild, including stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.