Why Join MIT Federal Credit Union?
MIT Federal Credit Union was founded in 1940 to provide exceptional banking services for MIT employees. With the guiding philosophy of people helping people, MIT FCU has continued to serve MIT employees, and now students, alumni, faculty, staff, and select Cambridge and Lexington businesses, as part of the greater MIT community, for over 80 years. See our list of eligible companies and groups when you complete the application.
- We offer many benefits not available at commercial banks.
- We're a member-owned, non-profit institution (we work for you! Not a bunch of investors.)
- Save money with competitive rates on a wide range of loan and deposit products
- You'll have branch and ATM access across the country (6,000 branches and >30,000 ATMs)
- Checking Accounts include our Smart Money Rewards program
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking provide convenience at your fingertips
- Start with a Basic Savings account, and just $5 to start!
- No membership fees, monthly fees or other commitments
- Access and manage your finances online with e-Branch or via our mobile app
- Remember, if you qualify for membership, your family members and housemates do, too!*
Already a member? Help us spread the word!
Refer a family member or friend.* (Children's accounts are welcome!)
*Family members include spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepchild, stepsibling, stepparent, and adoptive relationships. Spouses of persons who died while within our field of membership are eligible. In addition, people living in the same household with eligible members are eligible for membership.Go to main navigation