Frequently Asked Questions
Please do not include sensitive information, such as member numbers, accounts numbers, or personal information like social security numbers in your email. Please supply your name, address and preferred method of contact (phone or email).
Please see our Helpful Phone Numbers on our Contact Us page.
Our hours vary by location. Please visit our website for the most up to date hours and locations open to serve your needs. Please also note that we are a part of CO-OP Network, which means that you can access your accounts at 30,000+ locations nationwide, including over 6,000 shared branch locations.
Membership is extended to Select Employee Groups (SEGs), Cambridge-based organizations such as Novartis, Draper Labs and Whitehead Institute. It also extends to Lexington-based Lincoln Laboratory (see below for a complete list). Membership is also extended to family and household members of all eligible groups. Our primary field of membership includes:
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. employees
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- Broad Institute employees
- Forsyth Institute
- GCR Professional Services, Inc.
- HealthFitness Corporation employees
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) employees
- Kendall Square Association employees
- Lincoln Laboratory employees
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Corporation employees
- MIT Alumni
- MIT Federal Credit Union employees
- MIT Office of Religious Life (MIT clergy) employees
- MIT Students - undergraduate and graduate (currently enrolled)
- Novartis employees (Cambridge-based)
- P3I, Incorporated (Lexington-based)
- Philips (Cambridge-based)
- Ragon Institute
- Toyota Research Institute
- Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research employees
For employers from which we accept contract employees, and other eligible groups, please visit our membership page.
Membership is available to any MIT Staff, Faculty, Students (grad and undergrad) and many businesses affiliated with MIT. We also offer membership to a number of businesses in the Kendall Square area.
If you qualify for membership, that means the following family members also qualify: spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepchild, step-sibling, stepparent, and adoptive relationships. Spouses of persons who died while within our field of membership are also eligible.
In addition, people living in the same household with eligible members are eligible for membership.
Joining the credit union? Why not make it a family event? We've got financial education opportunities for pre-school through college, lots of great resources to assist with financial decisions at every stage of life, and no matter where you go, your account is accessible 24/7 via online, mobile and through CO-OP Network and Shared branches around the country.