Save Money While Making Your Home Energy Efficient
With the Mass Save® HEAT Loan and MIT FCU’s Fuel Assistance Loan, you can save money and help the environment at the same time.
- Prepaying an annual fuel bill to help even out your budget and save with better pricing?
- Looking to upgrade your primary residence with energy-efficient appliances, windows, insulation, or other upgrades?
Why not take advantage of these great ways to save more on your utility budget?
Mass Save® HEAT Loan
Our Mass Save® HEAT Loan program, offered in conjunction with Mass Save®, provides financing for energy-efficient upgrades to your primary residence. You’ll be helping the environment, lowering fuel consumption, and reducing home energy costs all at the same time.
- Borrow from $500 to $25,000
- Flexible terms up to 84 months with no prepayment penalty
- Use for new furnace/heating systems, windows, insulation, energy-efficient water heaters, electric heating & cooling systems, smart & programmable thermostats and installation, appliances, and much more
- MIT Federal Credit Union members pay 0% APR*
An authorized Mass Save® vendor will identify qualified upgrades during your Home Energy Assessment.
Fuel Assistance Loan
Simplifying your budget, taking advantage of special pricing, and keeping overall costs low are things most of us consider good goals. If you have the option of prepaying your heating bill to take advantage of lower pricing or can spread your payments out to lower the monthly cost, our Fuel Assistance Loan may be the perfect choice for you and your household.
- Fixed rate provides predictability payments
- Terms available up to 12 months
- Loan amounts up to $3,500
- Checks are made payable to the utility/fuel company, or can reimburse for purchase of wood pellets, pellet stoves, cordwood, or wood stoves
- Only one Fuel Assistance Loan is allowed at a time
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Payment Example: A loan of $15,000 with a term of 84 months, and an APR of 0.00% has an approximate monthly payment of $178.58 and is secured by UCC Lien placed on a primary residence. A $2,000 loan with a term of 24 months and an APR of 0.00% has an approximate monthly payment of $83.34. Restricted to homeowners of Massachusetts properties only. Cost per thousand borrowed uses terms of 24 and 84 months.
**APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Payment Example: A loan of $3,500 with a term of 12 months, and an APR of 6.50% has an approximate monthly payment of $302.05.Go to main navigation