Is it a good idea to cosign a loan?
Cosigners lend their names and good credit histories to the maker. Should the maker die, lose a job, or otherwise fail to make payments, all responsibility for meeting the terms of the loan transfers to the cosigner. An often-overlooked aspect of cosigning a loan is the fact that the loan appears on both the maker's and cosigner's credit reports.
Read more about your obligations when you cosign a loan.
- Do you offer Student Loans?
- What is a private student loan?
- What steps should I take when requesting financial aid?
- How can I apply for a loan?
- What type of loans do you offer?