MIT Federal Credit Union Career Opportunities
Job Openings: Staff Accountant
|Announcement Number:||Job Number: 20003|
|Announcement Date:||October 14, 2021|
|Location of Position:||MIT FCU Operations Center - 70 Westview St., Lexington, MA|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8 hours/day hybrid|
The Staff Accountant, under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor and Accounting Manager, is responsible for assisting the Accounting Department in the month end closing process, daily/ weekly general ledger accounting transactions of third-party accounting/core processing systems, financial reporting responsibilities, and various other accounting related tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares various daily general ledger entries and analyses, posts to the general ledger system, and produces daily reports.
- Contributes to the month end general ledger closing process by preparing entries and analyses, posting entries to the general ledger system, and producing monthly general ledger reports and other financial reporting
- Participates in accounting for the investment portfolio
- Primary backup for Accounts Payable, including assigning accurate g/l accounts, posting entries, issuing checks, mailing, filing, and other A/P related duties
- Participates in accounting for Fixed Assets and prepaid/accrued expenses on general ledger system, set-up, processing and reconciling accounts
- Prepares various month end reports and contributes to the coordination of the monthly Board of Directors package
- Participates in the regulatory reporting process, which may include the NCUA 5300 Call Report, and other regulatory reports
- Prepares various ad-hoc reports and schedules as necessary to assist in the management of the department
- Monitor and balance various suspense accounts in the General Ledger
- Responsible for bank reconciliations and other assigned General Ledger accounts
- Audit support to include preparation and gathering of requested documentation
- Acts as backup for other Staff Accountants
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with MIT FCU and MIT policies and procedures and State and Federal laws
- Demonstrate working knowledge of BSA/AML policies and procedures and implement as necessary in daily activities.
- Other duties as needed or required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and relevant federal regulations for specialty areas, including those specific to research and non-profit organizations, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in credit union/bank/public accounting preferred
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP
- Competency in working with various General Ledger accounting systems (experience with Prologue a plus)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (particularly proficient in Excel, Word)
- Receives direct supervision from the Accounting Supervisor and Accounting Manager
- May receive direction or verbal instruction from the Sr. Vice President, Finance/CFO
Note: The duties, responsibilities, skills, and requirements contained in this job description are not exhaustive. They may be supplemented as necessary at any time.
How to Apply
To apply for a position with the credit union, please visit the MIT job search site and enter the "Job Number" in the Job ID field.
- Click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions provided.
All applications must go through the MIT HR system.
Go to main navigation