MIT Federal Credit Union Career Opportunities
Job Openings: Consumer Loan Underwriter
|Announcement Number:||Job Number: 20356|
|Announcement Date:||October 29, 2021|
|Location of Position:||MIT FCU Operations Center - 70 Westview St., Lexington, MA|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8 hours/day hybrid|
As a Consumer Loan Underwriter, this individual will be responsible for reviewing and approving consumer loan applications, within the limits and guidelines set by the Board of Directors, ALCO Committee and NCUA Rules and Regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approve Consumer Loans in accordance with established loan policies and procedures
- Impart knowledge to member service representatives on lending products, loan origination and processing requirements
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the requirements and features of all loan programs offered by MIT FCU
- Respond to questions and/or provides information upon requests from members
- Assist members in understanding and utilizing credit union products and services
- Update lending procedures related to loan approval process at MITFCU on a continuous basis
- Follow up on approved loan applications in lending queue from origination through booking
- Assist in setting up loan closings and collecting financial documentation from members who apply through various lending channels that support loan application
- Maintain working knowledge of compliance laws and regulations including but not limited to Equal Credit opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Compliance (Regulation Z), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain loan delivery channel for month end reporting for Lending Department
- Represent MIT Federal Credit Union at Road Shows and Seminars
- Receive and provide training on other lending functions to Lending Department and other departments
- Maybe required to work extra hours during membership drive, promotions and to meet business needs
- Utilizes opportunities to present to and/or refer current and potential members to the products and services of the Credit Union
- Comply with all policies and procedures of MIT and MIT Federal Credit Union. Implement and comply with all MIT FCU, MIT policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner within scope of accountability
- Ensure compliance with ethical/legal standards,
andstate and Federal laws that are within departmental scope; andtake action when violations occur anywhere in the credit union
- Complete required BSA/AML training. Demonstrate working knowledge of BSA/AML policies & procedures and implement as necessary in daily activities.
- Other duties needed or required that are presented in organization
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree and/or college coursework preferred
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in banking or credit union industry required. Lending experience strongly preferred
- Superior member service skills with ability to form long-term business relationships
- Excellent internal service skills with ability to work independently and/or collectively with all credit union departments
- Clear/concise verbal and written communication skills and strong listening skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Displays initiative and dependability
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in variety of loan databases and complete transactions electronically on loan applications
- Good working knowledge of personal computers required with proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
- Receives direct supervision from the Consumer Lending Manager and the Consumer Lending Supervisor
- May receive direction or verbal instruction from the Senior Vice President, Lending
Note: The duties, responsibilities, skills, and requirements contained in this job description are not exhaustive. They may be supplemented as necessary at any time.
How to Apply
To apply for a position with the credit union, please visit the MIT job search site and enter the "Job Number" in the Job ID field.
- Click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions provided.
All applications must go through the MIT HR system.
Go to main navigation