MIT Federal Credit Union Career Opportunities
Job Openings: Member Experience Service Representative
|Announcement Number:||Job Number: 20162|
|Announcement Date:||October 14, 2021|
|Location of Position:||MIT FCU Operations Center - 70 Westview St., Lexington, MA|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8 hours/day hybrid|
The Member Experience Service Representative is responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of member maintenance transactions, including but not limited to address changes, adding joint owners to existing memberships, processing ATM and Debit Card maintenance as required, setting travel alerts, processing stop payments (cashier checks and personal checks), check orders, and processing mail-in transactions (deposits, payments, additional maintenance requests), opening online-initiated member accounts, including follow-up on incomplete applications, and providing backup for VTM tellers as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for knowledge and expertise in utilizing member interface technology, electronic delivery systems and numerous software applications used by the Credit Union.
- Inputs member transactions (share deposits, share withdrawals, payments) for members by electronic delivery systems.
- Inputs/completes membership applications via member interface technology.
- Assists/advises members by electronic delivery systems with new account services (including additions or changes in member accounts).
- Responds to member inquiries via electronic delivery system to identify issues and needs and propose solutions in a courteous, timely manner.
- Projects a positive and highly professional image of the Credit Union by providing high quality member service.
- Keeps current on changes in technology, electronic and alternative delivery methods.
- Protects the confidentiality of all financial data relating to bank operations and its members.
- Processes check orders
- Implements and complies with credit union policy and procedure
- Researches account information to resolve member inquiries
- Provides coverage to other member service branches/departments as necessary
- ATM/Debit Card POS increases and PIN resets
- Participates in annual Student Drives and mini-Membership Drives
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete and pass all product and services certifications
- Comply with all policies and procedures of MIT and MIT Federal Credit Union
- Complete required BSA/AML training and demonstrate working knowledge of BSA/AML policies and procedures and implement as necessary in daily activities.
- Partner with members and utilize opportunities to present to and/or refer current and potential members to the products and services of the Credit Union (cross sell)
- Occasional overtime hours maybe required during peak periods or in special circumstances
- Other duties needed or required
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate of education required
- Minimum of one year of member/customer service experience required
- Credit union, banking or other financial industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent member (customer) and quality service skills
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Accurate typing skills, mathematical ability
- Good working knowledge of PC’s and familiarity with Microsoft software
- Familiarity with office equipment preferred
- Experience communicating via virtual technology (e.g. Skype, Face Time, Video Conferencing)
- Comfortable providing customer service in a virtual environment
- Receives direct supervision from the Assistant Contact Center Manager and Contact Center Manager
- May receive direction or verbal instruction from the Senior Vice President, Member Services
Note: The duties, responsibilities, skills, and requirements contained in this job description are not exhaustive. They may be supplemented as necessary at any time.
How to Apply
To apply for a position with the credit union, please visit the MIT job search site and enter the "Job Number" in the Job ID field.
- Click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions provided.
All applications must go through the MIT HR system.
Go to main navigation