MIT Federal Credit Union Career Opportunities
Job Openings: Member Service Specialist I
|Announcement Number:||Job Number: 20020|
|Announcement Date:||October 14, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Branches/Operations Center Lexington|
|Days:||Various shifts available|
|Hours:||7.5 hour/day hybrid|
The Member Service Specialist position is a first point of member contact for branch, online or Contact Center. The candidate offers member information, assistance and solutions addressing financial needs and challenges via email, phone or in person. . This role also requires good communication skills but also patience to resolve member issues. Candidate must be fully versed in all of our products and services and able to cross
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for knowledge and expertise in utilizing member interface technology, electronic delivery systems and numerous software applications used by the Credit Union
Process member transactions by electronic delivery systems
Assists/Advises members regarding questions on new accounts or loan products in person or by electronic delivery systems (including additions or changes in member accounts).
Cross sells by identifying sales opportunities and follows referral procedures
Open new accounts and order related products such as debit cards, ATM cards, and checks
Responds to member inquiries to identify issues and needs and propose solutions in a courteous, timely manner.
Projects a positive and highly professional image of the Credit Union by providing high quality member service
Protects the confidentiality of all financial data relating to bank operations and its members.
Implements and complies with credit union policy and procedure
Researches account information to resolve general member inquiries
Provides coverage to other member service branches/departments as necessary
ATM/Debit Card POS increases and PIN resets. Order reorder and access fraud dispute
Participates in annual Student Drives and mini-Membership Drives
Achieves established goals, both individual and departmental
Handles daily account maintenance and other services issues as necessary
Keeps current on changes in technology, electronic and alternative delivery methods
Accept member loan applications and cross sell ancillary product and submission of application.
Originate and process consumer, home equity and Visa applications including submitting applications running credit reports.;
Open IRA accounts and accept annual contributions. \
Serves as internal and external support for the credit union’s online questions, bill payment and mobile banking.
Initiate wire transfers (domestic and international) for members
Assist with onboarding of new employees
Product ordering, scanning of document and member records, GL and check reconciliations, process payments, travel alerts, address changes, ATM/Debit Card POS increases and PIN resets
- Complete and pass all product and services certifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent member (customer) and quality service skills
- Detail oriented
- Accurate typing skills, mathematical ability
- Good working knowledge of PC’s and familiarity with MicroSoft software
- Familiarity with office equipment preferred
- Comfortable providing customer service in a virtual environment
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization
- Keeps current on changes in technology, electronic and alternative delivery methods
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS
Project a positive image for Credit Union. Display professional behavior, attitude, appearance and dress
Complies with all policies and procedures of MIT and MIT Federal Credit Union
- Minimum of one-year (1) experience required (financial services preferred).
- Cash handling, credit card transactions, balancing all preferred. One or more (1+) years preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate of education required
- U.S citizenship and CBI is required to work at Lincoln Lexington Branch.
- Receive direct supervision from Manager
- Receive indirect supervision or verbal instruction from the Manager, Sr. Vice President, Member Services
Note: The items contained in this job description are not exhaustive. They may be supplemented as necessary at any time.
How to Apply
To apply for a position with the credit union, please visit the MIT job search site and enter the "Job Number" in the Job ID field.
- Click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions provided.
All applications must go through the MIT HR system.
Go to main navigation