Insurance & Coverages
MIT Federal Credit Union provides insurance services through trusted partners, TruStage™ and MEMBER'S CHOICE®. Knowledgeable insurance professionals are ready to help find the coverage you need at the price you want.
TruStage™ Insurance Program
Auto, Home, Life, AD&D
TruStage Insurance: Simple, Straightforward, Designed to Fit your Budget.
Insurance is part of a solid financial plan. From finding a policy that fits your budget to making sure your coverage is adequate, dependable insurance can help give you peace of mind today and financial relief when you need it.
Backed by more than 80 years of working with credit unions and their members, you can count on TruStage to help protect what matters most.
To get quotes or just explore your options, visit TruStage.com.
TruStage Life Insurance (Term Life and Whole Life Coverage is available to qualified members)
- Designed with credit union members in mind, to help protect the achievements and aspirations of those who matter most in your life
- Term Life Insurance provides protection to a set age, depending on the member's needs. It offers premiums that vary depending on the insured's current age, and generally features lower monthly premiums than whole life.
- Whole Life Insurance provides permanent coverage for the member's entire life with premiums that remain level throughout their lifetime.
- Members can compare life insurance products and apply for coverage or even connect with a licensed agent entirely online at www.trustage.com.
TruStage Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Provides coverage for death or dismemberment as a result of a covered accident.
- Good supplemental coverage to life insurance
- No-cost coverage available for credit union members age 18 and over (limits apply)
- Living benefit riders on Accidental Death & Dismemberment available: Cancer Rider and Cancer, Heart Attack and Stroke Rider
Accidents can happen anytime. Don’t leave them unprepared.
Your untimely accidental death could leave your family with long lasting financial burdens. Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance can help give them a safety net.
How does it work?
As a member of MIT Federal Credit Union you are eligible to enroll for $1000 of no-cost TruStage® Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance. AD&D Insurance can pay your beneficiary a cash benefit if you die in an accident. It also pays benefits if you are hospitalized or suffer dismemberment due to a covered accident.
Once you enroll, AD&D Insurance pays a cash benefit to your beneficiary if you die from a covered accident or you suffer a covered serious injury. Credit union members ages 18 and over can also choose to increase their protection (Member Only Plan) or their family's (Family Plan) with up to an additional $300,000 in coverage.
Acceptance is guaranteed and there are no medical questions.
TruStage® Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance is made available through TruStage Insurance Agency, LLC and issued by CMFG Life Insurance Company, PO Box 61, Waverly, IA 50677 0061. The insurance offered is not a deposit, and is not federally insured, sold or guaranteed by your credit union.
Base Policy Series E10a-014-2012, E10a-ADD-2012 and E10a-015-2012, ADD-2018-POL, 2018-ADD-POLRDR-CR, 2018-ADD-POLRDR-CNR.
© 2019 TruStage Insurance Agency
MEMBER'S CHOICE® GAP Protection and Credit Life & Disability Insurance
MEMBER'S CHOICE® Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) Coverage pays the difference between your insurance settlement and your auto loan's outstanding balance if your car is stolen or totaled in an accident.
Credit Life and Disability Insurance protects family members in the event of a disabling injury or death by reducing or entirely covering payments on outstanding loans.There's no physical exam required, and enrollment forms are simple. Disability insurance coverage is capped at $40,000 and $600.00 per month up to age 66. Life insurance coverage is capped at $40,000 and $600.000 per month up to age 70.