MIT FCU SUPPORTS OUR COMMUNITY
MIT Federal Credit Union is monitoring updates and guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology in making decisions regarding hours, service and special programs/offers.
- Branches that are open to the public are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day including ATM and VTM machines.
- Hand sanitizer is available for members and staff.
- Employees with signs of illness must stay home
- We’ve asked employees to take added measures in prevention by keeping their hands and workstations clean.
- Our employees tpractice social distancing.
- We are holding company-wide participation events virtually.
- Cancelled community event participation until further notice.
- We’ve eliminated nonessential business and personal travel for our employees.
- We’ve decreased the number of employees in office to do our part in flattening the curve.
- You too can help stop the spread of germs by following CDC guidelines.
HOME BANKING RESOURCES/BRANCH ACCESS
Tech Square Branch – Open by appointment Mon, Tue, Wed, and Fri from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, and Thu 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (Branch & ATM). Please book an appointment by calling 617-253-2845. We urge you to complete transactions online or via our VTM/ATM when possible to assist us in protecting our staff and those members who cannot perform transactions remotely. Face coverings are required for all branch visits. For everyone’s safety there will be no exceptions. We are offering separate entrances to minimize interactions. If you are visiting to use the VTM or ATM machine, please use the door on the 600 Tech Square side. If you are visiting to meet with a team member, please use the rear entrance towards the parking garage.
Lincoln Lab Branch - Closed. ATM’s are available to employees with access to the Lincoln Labs
Student Center Branch - Closed
MIT FCU ATM is available for use at the following location.
70 Westview Street, Lexington, MA
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Contact Center - Available from 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday
Please call 617-253-2845 or toll-free at 855.MIT.CU4U (855.648.2848) or via email at email@example.com for general questions or concerns.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
If you are impacted by pandemic-related financial hardship please consider the following options:
With no fee involved, you can skip a payment on a consumer loan or home equity line/loan if you are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
How to apply
If you are having difficulty making student loan payments at this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty paying your mortgage, please email email@example.com.
For appointments related to loans/loan closings, please contact our Lending department at firstname.lastname@example.org
A loan created to assist those negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Email us today to discuss this option: email@example.com
Please do not include member, social security and loan numbers in your email.
MIT Employee Financial Assistance
A special program created to support MIT employees.
- Maximum loan amount $5,000 for active MIT employees.
- 3.50% APR** for up to 36 months.
- First payment deferred for 90 days (example: loan funded on 4/30 would have first payment due 7//31)
- Visit mitfcu.org/mitassist to learn more
COVID-19 RELATED SCAMS
Pandemic related scams are on the rise
From malware-laden emails to fake donations, to scammers looking to take advantage of people waiting for stimulus checks, you need to be aware of scammers taking advantage during the current public health crisis. There has also been a surge in criminal activity on mobile channels - from misinformation spread through chat groups, to malicious fake coronavirus tracking apps that can take control of your phone, and phony government relief scam texts.
Just remember, be cautious
- Never click on links from texts or emails you weren’t expecting.
- Be wary of anything that triggers your emotions, good or bad.
- Avoid clicking on links in WhatsApp or other channels.
- Only trust reputable sources and if in doubt, verify.
Please read about COVID-19 related scams here.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 0.00% APR is for a 60-day loan term with no periodic payments, and one “balloon payment” payment equal to the original balance of the loan on the 60th day. Payment example for a 60-day 0.00% APR term loan is one payment of $1,000 per $1,000 borrowed. No pre-payment penalty. If the loan is not paid in full by the 60th day, the borrower may request that the balance be applied to a personal term loan with no additional credit application. Please see mitfcu.org/rates for available rates and terms. Offer is valid from 3/20/2020 and may be terminated at any time without prior notification.
**APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Payment example for a $5,000 loan with an APR of 3.50% is 36 monthly payments of $146.51. No prepayment penalty. Only one outstanding Employee Assistance Loan is available per membership. This offer is available for a limited time and may be discontinued at any time without notice.